APPLICATIONS FOR MAY 2019 COHORT ARE NOW CLOSED.
Call for Nurses’ Participation in the RITE Program
The Office of Research, Patient Care Services (ORPCS) is sponsoring a selection of bedside nurses (non-exempt) to participate in Stanford’s RITE Program. Please contact the Office of Research if you have questions at Research@stanfordhealthcare.org.
Qualifications for Support from the ORPCS:
- Must have > 2 years of bedside clinician experience
- Worked at Stanford Health Care > 1 year
- At least one year of experience on current unit
- Employed > 0.5 FTE as clinical personnel
- Non-exempt employee status
- Must have management support and clearance to participate
- Time commitment varies, but it is expected that at least 30+ hours of project time in addition to class time will be needed outside of work hours for 5 months.
- Participants will be paid at their base hourly rate not exceeding 40 hours per week.
- Participants will gain practical knowledge in quality improvement and project management, and participate in an approved enterprise-wide QI project.
This application is to develop a pool of candidates from inpatient or outpatient nursing for upcoming cohorts of the RITE program. Selection is solely driven by the project needs and NOT on individual merit. For example, if a RITE project requests a bedside nurse from B2 to be part of their project; we will access the available pool of applicants and identify the applications of nurses who work on B2. There may not be a project for expertise/unit in every cohort.
Potential Course Dates (dependent on project and selection of nurses):
RITE Cohorts: [Location: Varies, on main hospital campus]
Cohort 14 – Wednesdays, 11:00am – 1:00pm
09/11/2019 – Graduation
Cohort 15 – Thursdays, 11:00am – 1:00pm
09/12/2019 – Graduation
If you have any further questions about ORPCS’s sponsorship for the RITE Program, please reach out to Research@stanfordhealthcare.org.